quinta-feira, 10 de julho de 2014

Letters to a Gemmyarkan lord ( Part 2)



Auttumn, 1832, Black Castle in Northern Bellanária 


My inspiration to collect tales of the south was drying. Those southern connections…Nay, I am not from the south. Throughout the ages my family was one that established their connections to the northern part of Bellanária. And the ladies always have such an awful idea about my person!

Please, do try to understand, oh sweet and delicate ladies who read my tales: I am not an Onisamatzeka. And despite this fact, even my own maidens persist in ignoring me. 

Had you, my most talented and sweet ladies, grasp what my heart longs forAlas…! It is my second hundredth birthday and I am not yet a widowed gentleman.
Is it my human appearance that haggard so no blue-blood woman would ever want to kiss me and admire my stories? 

Anyhow, this human lady was soaking wet, her copper-like skin-tone betraying her south-eastern Bellanian origins. How moving her grieving, frail and almond-shaped green eyes looked! Was this the daring and insolent Artist Lady that the valet had announced in an embarassed tone?  She appeared to us as a princess from a fairy-tale! Probably she had no more than eighteen years. 

How dreadfully frightening we, a group of old men, must have seemed to her!  

 Her long, almost transparent veil perfumed with a soft, light-jade and floral fragrance, covered a long part of her darkish hair. Poor little lady, shivering in her fragile and silky viridian sari. 

She was short, but enough so that she could not reach my shoulders with her bare hands had she wished to do so! 

Playing the part of gentle southern Mayan lord, I invited her to join me and my friends for a game of Human cards.

Appearing quite frightened, the Artist Lady merely nodded at my suggestion. 


The main opponent in this card game, was the last descendant of Yasunori III, Kato Hibiki. He could not help to stare at the south-eastern Bellanian lady as she sat next to me on an ivory-coloured and perfumed Russian sofa.

Before she could notice, each and every one of my five card mates was observing the hourglass figure of this talented female artist.

My presence isn’t a soothing one, I know Your Divine Majesty that you would say something like that! And my physiognomy in my Human guise could well be the one of an Onisamatzeka, but I am a Gemmyarkan.  

« My lady! Please, allow me to light the fireplace... » In a split of a second I stood up.

Meanwhile, Hibiki Kato seemed to smile through the piece of cloth which hid his deformed mouth. This "man of the shadow" seemed but a pale reflection of the formidable black sorcerer he once had been! 

The shackles, engraved with turquoise-sparkling spells in Classic Mayan Bellanian, made him limp whenever he walked.  The spells had been encraved by the Mistress of the Castle herself! Black Magic Queen, forgive me... Had I made you appear cruel, I was merely describing the  punishement both you and Lady Roshini had gave to this criminal. 

It is quite fascinating when we are playing a game of poker with a man many Humans have considered a psychopath as the Ancient Greeks would say. The Human Russians describe Hibiki Kato as a "psychopath" for his "depraved, devilish manners", but he displays, often, in our seldom meetings, a deep knowledge about Human warfare and the Universal Magic tactics. 

Once again his hoarse, almost wounded voice displayed a small appreciation for civillized speech.

Hibiki Kato chuckled nervously as he literally begged for one of us, most excelled lords, to offer him a cigarette. 

« My Lord, are you shamelessly cheating to win more money in the expenses of such a fragile flower…I will not be able to concentrate in my own hand! »

« Music is always a balm to one’s spirit: and it helps with concentration, Ninjutsu Master! » My neighbour, Lord Ik’Awkwak of the province of Naltzaec’Ek argued.

Rüdiger Von Tifon, the former Duke of Shunamari did attempt to glance at his hand. However, there was not a single doubt. All Human, Gemmyarkan, Centaur and Onisamatzeka had been caught in their own lustful observations! 

Sem comentários: